Almanor Basin Forum
May 24, 2004
Chester Memorial Hall
If Larger Volumes Of Cold Water Are Removed
To Enhance Fish Habitat Downstream?
6:30 p.m. Call To Order—Meeting Facilitator Plumas County Supervisor Bill Dennison
Introduction: Tom Jereb –PG&E FERC Coordinator
Sharon Stohrer—SWRCB (Invited)
Mike Taylor—USFS Hydrologist
Wayne Dyok—Plumas County Consultant on 2105 issues.
Paul Garrido—Lake Almanor Fishing Association
2105 Committee Members
Patti Kroen—2105 License Group Facilitator
6:45 p.m. Purpose of Meeting—
1) Provide a background on the FERC Project 2105April 22
Negotiated Settlement and why it did not include
Water Temperature issues.
2) Provide an understanding of who is requesting
water temperatures be reduced in the lower Feather River and
3) Present some of the proposals being considered to reduce
water temperatures down stream
4) Answer basic questions pertaining to the water temperature
1) Accomplishments under the April 22 Negotiated Settlement? Dennison
2) The driving forces for reduction of water temperatures? Dennison/Jereb
3) Water Model developed at Iowa Institute of Hydraulic Research. Jereb
4) Basic concepts/proposals for making the reductions. Jereb/Dennison
5) Issues of importance to Lake Almanor residents and fishermen. Dennison/Paul Garrido
6) Important issues for Butt Reservoir fishermen. Dennison/Paul Garrido
7) Other issues Dennison
7:45 p.m. Question and Answer Period
8:15 p.m. Set dates for follow-up meetings.
8:30 p.m. Adjourn